This bridge, over Linhouse Water, was built in 1830. It was built as part of a road project to join the large cattle market at Falkirk with the markets of northern England. Unfortunately, the road was never completed as the Earl of Morton objected to the road crossing his land. The bridge collapsed in March or April 2009. The photo was taken during April 2012.
The technical information is as follows.
Camera - Canon EOS 5D Mk II
Shutter speed - 1/8
Aperture - f16.0
Lens - Canon EF 24 - 105mm f4.0 L IS USM
Focal Length 50mm
Filters - Hama Polariser, Lee 0.9 Soft ND Grad
Copyright © Tom Gilland